Sunday, April 28, 2013

January- April (some of jan-apr)

These are the pictures from my phone, so my next few posts aren't going to be 100% chronological. But hopefully I'll get things all set up so that I can get the pictures from everywhere sent to the same folder.
 
This is the morning of the girls 4th birthday. I can't believe how much these two love each other. They play all day together, they don't fight much at all, and they think the same.
This is a little collage that Matt put together on their birthday. I can't believe we've made it 4 years. More than anything I can't believe how much easier they are.

Averi is sweet and delicate, she has the prettiest big blue eyes, and cute little freckles on the top of her nose. She gets hurt really easily, but is always the first one to help me or the other kids. If someone needs to go upstairs but is scared, she'll go with them every single time!

Piper is sweet too, she's got hazel eyes, darker hair and skin, and a little feisty! She loves to be in charge of what she and her friends play. She's always the mom or the teacher. She's a little tease, and absolutely loves the thrill of getting someone's goat!
Piper came running into my room, all excited because she made her own snack. Cut up hot dogs and fruit loops!
Preston drinks 2 full bottles of milk every night before he goes to bed. 21 ounces of milk. I dare any full grown man to try to drink that much milk as fast as he can. I guarantee you'll throw up!
Classic Skating. These girls really stuck together out on the floor. It really made them nervous having so many people whiz past them so fast.
Piper is so 16 years old!
The first Saturday of every month Home Depot has a little kids workshop. It's fun to take the kids. Here's Kenny helping Preston with a little wooden car.
Here's JoyLynn with Asher.
I love this picture. Asher is at school, so Piper has on Asher's brand new soccer shin guards, and she's the teacher, and she's reading the book of Mormon to Averi and Preston. They were both singing church songs too.
Here's Piper getting to business!
Piper begged me to get the vacuum out so she could vacuum, and Averi decided it was her job to feed the vacuum. She would give it one cheerio at a time.
She did a really good job. I need to have her vacuum more.
Preston is turning out to be a little spoiled/picky. Here are 5 things that I made for him, and he's pointing to something else that he wants to eat.
Piper put this outfit together, and just loved it! She would go hunt through the laundry as soon as it was clean, then wear it again and again!
I love this. Asher put out some green eggs and ham, with some coins, some cut out dinosaurs, and of course a green bowl, and green utensils. He was really hoping to catch a leprechaun!
Last year I told Asher that I am fine with every other holiday, but I just can't get into St. Patrick's day. So.... there are no leprechaun's, no pots of gold, etc. Well, all that did was give Asher a mission. He has done all he can to try and convince me that they're real, and that I'm wrong. So, don't try to shoot straight with your kids, they don't like it.
Preston loves Asher's hat. I think Preston's head might be as big, or bigger than Asher's.
All day long! This boy rides his little car down the driveway, into the street, then down the street. I've got to really keep an eye on this one!
 
My mom finished her house in Highland a few weeks ago. She saved some bubble wrap for the girls. I was really loud with all the wood floors, and no furniture.
My mom's house turned out so nice. It feels really good to be there. It's fun to go up there. She made dinner for us the other day. So we went up there, and she did everything. It was really nice.
 
I spend so much time getting everyone ready on Sunday, that it's nice to get a little proof every once in a while. This was Easter Sunday. Asher is at such a cute age. He's learning so much, and absorbing everything. He really understood the Resurrection this year. He learned that so easily, that we decided to talk to him more about the atonement, and how the Savior died for us, and just went into a little bit of detail about it.
After we talked for a little bit, he looked at me, and acted a little offended, and goes, "I've never heard about this! I can't believe no one has ever told me about this before." Then kept listening and understood everything. 
Every day is so long here. I'm working a ton, busy with the kids, and busy with my calling. Matt's really busy too. We just have too much going on right now. But we take turns putting the kids to bed. The other night Asher was trying to get me to stay up in his room for a long time, and asked me to read a book to him. Of course, I said no, and that he could read it himself tomorrow. I just can't wait to get the kids down once it's bed time.
Then I noticed that it was a cool book about the grove where Joseph Smith prayed at the hill Cumorah, and realized I had never read it. I picked it up, and it was just so long! So, I said I'll just read a few pages, and he could finish it later. Once I started reading I realized that he didn't know the whole Joseph Smith story that well. So I ended up reading the whole book, and talking to him about Joseph Smith, and bore my testimony to him about Joseph Smith.
Without me saying anything he also bore his testimony to me about Joseph Smith, and really told me how he felt and why. It was one of the best moments I have had with Asher. He's really hard for me, and this moment just came at such a good time for us.
We've had a few talks recently, and he's trying so hard to be good, and I'm working harder on being more loving to him. It's made such a big difference for both of us. He's being better for me, with the other kids, and also with his friends. So, his birthday week this last week has been good for both of us.
I have just had so much fun with Preston lately. He's just got the cutest personality. Averi and Piper got a bladder infection, so we were at the Insta-care and he kept laying down on the couch, then would look over at me, and in the most serious voice would say, "siiiick..." then I would say, "You're sick?" Then in a serious, breathy voice, like he was dying would say, "yeah!" I can't do it justice, but it was so cute!!
We went up to Idaho the week after Easter. It was really cold, so we went to IJump. A big trampoline place for kids. It was really fun! All the kids loved it and had fun.
Then we went and visited Grandma Edie. She moved to an assisted living center a few months ago. She loves dolls, and wanted to give me one of hers. So we went there, and I picked one out, and brought it home.
The day we came home Preston threw up (big surprise, our younger 3 are pukers). He was really sweet, he fell asleep on me, and it was the sweetest thing ever. His long eye lashes, and soft cheeks just melted my heart. He woke up about 5 minutes after this picture, and threw up all over me.
Preston just gets in the tub with his clothes on a lot!.
The girls have so much fun playing that a lot of the time they hold their pee until they can't make it to the toilet. They pee in their underwear a little, then go to the bathroom and pull their wet underwear back up and go play. Anyway, they get "ouchy crotches" a lot, and need lots of baths. Hence all the bathtub pictures, I'll fill up the tub for the girls, and he just sneaks right in. The girls love it when he gets in with his clothes on, it's so exciting for them!
One of the many times....
I made Preston a bowl of cereal, then went to brush my teeth. Turns out, he needed more milk. I hate huge messes, but end up cleaning stuff like this up so often!
I got the girls dressed one morning, and they insisted on a picture in front of the garage door. When I took it, Piper nonchalantly started walking away and goes, "You can go ahead and just post that."
It's that age! Poor Asher, he doesn't have many teeth left in that mouth of his. He had 2 molars pulled a few months ago, the teeth in front of those molars got capped with silver caps, accidentally pulled out 2 teeth a little early, and has also lost about 7 on their own, then bit on a jolly rancher last night and pulled off one of his silver caps.
The other night, he was brushing his teeth, then goes, "Can I be done?" I told him to brush just a little longer, and he goes, "Mom! I only have like 3 teeth!" I started laughing, right now, he mostly eats soft stuff!
We went up to Scheels on Asher's birthday, but Piper doesn't nap much anymore. When she heard we were going she just went and found a blanket, asked to sit in the back, then set up a little bed for herself as soon as we started moving. I didn't realize that's what she did, or where she did it until we got there and opened up the back to get our returns. We couldn't wake her up either!
6:00 pm on a Sunday afternoon. Preston only got a 1 hour nap, he told me over and over that he was "tie-red".
I just can't get over how cute and sweet he is!
He's just so messy though! He's always sweaty, dirty, and covered in food and pen.
Asher, so happy to be watching TV!
Piper too.
Averi loves to snuggle. She always sits on my lap the whole time in Sacrament meeting. She likes to put her mouth on my mouth, then just rub her cheeks and face all over mine, because she wants to rub my makeup off and onto her face. It's really cute and sweet, but I don't love having my makeup rubbed off. I put it there for a reason!
More snuggling!
This kid! We love him, and think every thing he does is cute and funny. He's my baby, and I'm afraid I could baby him forever!

No comments: