Sunday, April 28, 2013

Catching up. November & December 2012

I have been so bad at blogging this last year! Here are some pictures from November and December of 2012. We went to Idaho for Thanksgiving, and Mike and Chris's families went too. And yes, it's April, and we're still trying to work off Thanksgiving!
My kids love their grandparents so much! And by the looks of things I think Grandma loves her grandkids. Preston is so loveable! He's just soft and squishy, and super sturdy all at the same time.
Look at those green eyes! (and mouth full of chocolate)
Kenly getting pretty!

 
I love these girls so much!
Purple was the choice of the day!
We had a lot of snow this winter! It kills me to see how much there was!
Asher, working on the middle. It was really heavy! I can't believe he could roll that by himself.
Here's the finished product. Sad Averi, and an 8 foot tall snowman. I'm currently growing basil in the snowman's hat.
So cold!
Fresh hair, no clothes. Popping that hip!
Thank goodness for Crystal. She always does an awesome job on our pictures.
One of my all time favorites.
These girls are so special!
The girls were cheerleaders for Halloween.
He's already changed in the last 6 months so much. I've never wished a kid wouldn't grow up as much as I have with him.
This was my favorite family picture.
I wrote down a few cute things that the kids said. Here are a few from Nov.-Dec '12.
Averi and Piper were playing princesses, and someone asked her what princess she was, and she said, "Mary, I'm Jesus' mom." It just melts my heart how sweet these girls are.

I was driving just the girls to their preschool Christmas party, it was right during their nap times, and Piper was almost asleep, and was just being really cute, and right before she closed her eyes, she looked over at Averi and said, "I'm so glad Averi is my sister." Now that it's 6 months later writing this stuff I'm thinking, "That's not very noteworthy, considering they say that all the time now." But it is sweet. They love each other so much!

Every time anyone asked Piper what she wanted for Christmas this last year she would say,
"A real baby brother or sister, a real live baby cat, and a real live baby bunny." So cute. But I wasn't willing to give her anything that started with "real live baby". She got a furreal cat and was happy.

I asked Asher what he wanted for Christmas one day, and he said, "I don't need anything for Christmas, just my family." Then about 20 minutes later he told me that in his stocking he wants a Kindle Fire, and electric blanket, and maybe an iphone. He got a basketball hoop and skates, no screens!

2012 was probably one of the hardest years that we've had. I'm so glad that we made it through and that it's now spring. It just feels like a time of new beginnings.