Thursday, February 16, 2012

Princesses and a Super Hero

This post is long overdue, and long. But I want to get everything written down so I don't forget all that's happened. Preston is now 8 months. He's just starting to think about sleeping through the night, I think... Last year I talked to Asher's preschool teacher about having the girls start preschool in January a month before they turned 3. She said as long as they're potty trained, and I think they're ready it should be fine. Well, they did it. Completely potty trained and both, they and I, were ready! They've loved it. It's just from 9-11 Tuesday and Thursday. But it's just enough time for me to exercise and get a few things done. Preston takes a nap right at 9 also, so I get 4 hours a week just to myself. I can't leave the house, but I'll take 4 hours however I can get it.

He's a happy little guy!

Matt's parents go to Arizona for January and February. So they stopped by when they were passing through. It's always fun to have them here, and by the looks of those faces I'm not the only one that thinks so.

I don't know if it's my lack of sleep, or Asher's lack of sleep, but I've just had very little patience lately with him. But we do have good days. And when it's a good day he's just the sweetest kid. He's really sweet, and tells me he loves me, and offers to help me do things, and is nice to "the sisters". He usually tells me ahead of time when he chooses to be good. Like, he'll say, "I'm going to be good when I get home from school." And he is. I love those days!


Preston loves to play on the ground with toys. He still doesn't roll, but he'll pivot and just moves around a tiny bit.

I made a blanket for Preston, and I pieced all the fabric together. When I was done I saw Piper putting the scraps together like she saw me doing. She really pays attention to what I do and say.

Asher started basketball at the Legacy Center this January. He's actually really good. He likes to play, it's just hard once all the other kids get on the court too. There are just too many people, and too many decisions to make, as far as passing, or shooting, and which basket to run to. It's fun to watch. I hope this is a sport he likes to play.

Matt brought him to an outside court a few weeks ago to shoot baskets. It's good for them to spend that time together, and do something they both like to do. It'll be so nice when it's warm enough to play outside all the time.

Our church switched to 11 this year. So the first week we were ready early because we had so much extra time. I figured, it's one of the few times we're all dressed and cute, so we took a few pictures.


Preston's up to 30 lbs. He's such a big baby! I think Averi weighs one pound more than him. She's so much easier to hold though, the weight is distributed very differently!

My man!

Always a princess!

I was working the other day, and when I came out of the salon I saw my very own little joker.

A different day, but I'm sure it's still Dora that she was watching. This is the blanket I made for Preston. It's so hard to go places with Preston at this age, he gets tired after being awake for an hour and a half. And when he's tired he won't stop crying. So church is hard, and going anywhere for that matter.



The girls were so excited to bowl!

We went with our neighbors. It was way fun.

The girls kept running from the bowling alley to the arcade, and when I found them they were crawling all over the games. The employee there told them they could climb up there, and he just sat there and made it so they could play. They're already getting special treatment!

They just walked around holding hands, and thought they were so old and independent.


I found a coupon online for this place called planet play. They had a little dance thing, and the girls were trying to follow the dance steps and keep up. It was really cute!

They spend a good portion of their time as Princesses and Batman.

I love this picture of Preston. he's so cute. I just put this as my wallpaper, and think how cute he is every time I look at it.


The girls 3rd birthday was a few days ago. I've always wanted to make fancy cakes. But I don't usually have that much success. But I went all out, trying, this year. I practiced beforehand and put a lot of effort into it. I thought their little cakes and dresses turned out really cute.

My Cinderella, she won't even wear Belle underwear.

Belle, if she can get a rise out of Averi, she will absolutely grab the Cinderella underwear before Averi can. Then there's lots of screaming to follow.

She's always so cuddly. She always has to be touching my face.

I ran out in the garage to grind some wheat, and it was cold but she didn't want to miss the fun. So she just added pink cowboy boots to what she already had on. I can't get over her legs. They're a fraction of the size in real life. I love him! He looks at me with that face all day. It melts my heart every time.


Averi woke up so sick on Valentines. Actually, she went to bed throwing up, and then threw up all night. In the morning, she was fine, but tired. Piper threw up that morning too, but I think it's just because she heard us talking about Averi throwing up. Anyway, I wanted them to drop their Valentines off at school, and pick up theirs. And they both were feeling good in the morning. So, we did enough for Ashers class, then did Pipers, after those were done we did Averi's. Then I threw them in the tub and went to grab Preston. A few seconds later I came back in, and the Valentines were all in the tub. Now they're all in the garbage. We made do with what we had left. It turned out fine, but I get so tired of having to watch Piper like a hawk! She just does whatever she wants, and no one gets in her way. And if you do get in her way, she gets really sad and cries until you're the one apologizing. UGH!!!! She's just 3. Her mood, and Asher's mood definitely are the deciding factors of how my day is going to be. Piper whines and cries a lot. But more than that she screams. I've just had to put anyone who screams, or cries too long, outside. They can choose if they go outside or, in their rooms. A lot of times Piper will start screaming and walk right outside, and stay there until she's done.

Averi somehow left the couch and ended up on the carpet. She fell asleep on the floor for quite a while. Then she woke up feeling great.


No comments: