Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Our Fall Update

This month has been a lot of hanging around the house. In the meantime Asher has left his mustache phase and entered the Pirate phase! Aaaarrrghh.... He usually has about ten swords down the back of his shirt and I'm fixing the string on his eye patches all day. It's cute to watch him with it all. Asher's starting to really not want to nap, or go to sleep at night. That's been a real challenge, because he wakes up at 6:30 no matter what. I don't know what to do about that. I think a lock on his door is coming really soon. When he gets enough sleep he's so sweet, but lately he's just been sick, and tired and can't hear anything I say. The girls are getting old so fast! They're both so big, they're almost 10 months! I'm already putting them into their 18-24 month clothes. They're starting to sleep a little better at night. The other night Piper slept 12 hours straight! Averi's still waking up a few times, sometimes just once. So the sleeping is getting better. Every one's just up really early.

It's so cute, the girls can sit up in the bath now, so bath time is more fun. Averi really likes to splash and doesn't mind the water in her eyes. I love watching them have fun together. They really do love each other. I think it's going to be so fun watching them get older together. When they're on the floor together they don't crawl but they really move around and they stay right be each other. They really are so sweet, Averi's getting a little better about letting Piper touch her. She's still extra dramatic, but easing up on Piper. Piper has been on the verge of crawling for a month. Averi's not even close. But she always surprises me. Piper usually will move to the next milestone and I think Averi won't ever get there but she'll be all caught up by the end of the week. There hasn't been as much throwing up lately. We're probably down to 2-3 times per week now. That's a lot better than 3-4 times per day. It's both of the girls, they just gag really easily.

I had to throw in a few Halloween pictures. Matt loves dressing up if he has a good idea. He's with Peter Pan, aka Greg. It's just not a good Halloween costume if you aren't wearing tights I guess!
This is Matt the following night for our ward party.
You'd never guess who this super hero is. It's the real batman. It's a pretty cool costume, as soon as he puts it on he turns into batman.
The girls were fairies for all of 5 min. They just pulled on each other's costumes too much.
Asher loves the first snow! He was out there for a long time.
I can't even look at a picture of Averi without thinking how sweet she is. There is just something about her. She's got one tooth, it's one of the bottom middle teeth. Her hair is as straight as can be and you would think I'd have some clue as to what to do with it. She's got big blue eyes and the biggest smile. It's really wide. Right now one of my favorite things that she does is when I go into her room while she's asleep she'll roll over and look at me with the biggest smile that lights up her whole face, then she closes her eyes and is back to sleep. She's got this floppy little gumby body and it's really long. I try to keep her in the same size that Piper wears but her clothes are a little big on her. She's just the best baby, she gets so excited when she sees someone she knows, and she laughs a lot. She also talks a lot, she'll mimic sounds you make. It's the best watching them learn new things.
Piper makes this face all day! She gets a good reaction, now when she does it we can see all her teeth. She has six teeth. She got them all within two weeks. That is just her nature. The pain of getting those new teeth made her feel the same as if she had an ear infection. She's all done now for a while, hopefully. She's been so fun, she loves toys, and her mom. She's the only baby I've had that has let me hold her to feed her a bottle. Asher and Averi only would take a bottle in their cribs. When I feed her I just try to enjoy it. There's nothing sweeter than their little bodies just laying in your lap. I think Piper has the cutest little body, she's really strong and and has really soft skin. She's just really sturdy so I don't feel like she'd break very easily.
This is what the girls do all day. They just sit on the floor and play with toys. Everything goes in the mouth!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Man I miss my nieces and nephew soooo much! (and of course my brother and sister in law). The girls are growing up so fast!